Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Time!

So my little son, I’m afraid that I haven’t done such a good job at getting this project rolling. Admittedly, I have found it difficult to read to you. I think that you are still at such a young age, that the act of sitting still, listening to my voice is a bit difficult for you to do. And knowing that you don’t have the ability to control anything around you or yourself at this young age…sitting and listening to me read is probably the last thing you would want to do if you had a choice.

One thing that I’d like to place here just as a little side-note – something for both of us to stumble across someday is a bit of your behavior that both your mother and I find quite interesting and fascinating. The three of us spend quite a bit of time on the sofa. Along the back of the sofa are my four large bookcases. Ever since we brought you home, as an infant just a few days old, each time we would place you facing the bookcases, you would stare that the books with such a look of concentration and almost a look of determination and defiance towards the books as if you we challenging the books themselves to a battle of existence. We knew that you couldn’t see the individual books at that distance, but perhaps you were looking at the shapes and the two basic colors that you could perceive. Now, as you are approaching your seventh week of life with us, your vision has improved, and you still look at the books as if you want a “dust-up” with them.

It would be silly of me to think anything other than you have found comfort in the horizontal and vertical structure the books present, but I like to imaging that you have made a connection to my books, and please know that they will wait there for you.

Even though I have not found the ability to read to you from my books, I feel that you already have a relationship with them…and so, I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment